Star Struck Dance Studio
Never miss a chance to dance!
Star Struck Dance Studio Spring 2021 Semester Information:
Welcome back dancers! We are excited to have you back. Please follow this ultimate guide to our new expectations, class layout, payment portal, registration system, and communication network.
Introduction to the new online system
The new online system (STUDIO DIRECTOR) is an all-inclusive site that makes payments easier than ever! Just simply fill out your credit/debit card information when you register, and the tuition payment will automatically be charged on the first of every month. If any modifications need to be made to choose another payment date please email us or send a remind and we would be happy to accommodate that for you. We suggest that you read the Online Portal Instructions/ Tips before registering so that you have clear directions on signing up/ monthly payments.
When does the season begin and end?
Our Spring 2021 session will begin on February 1 and conclude on May 31. We will offer a summer and fall session as well. More info to come on those!
Will there be a recital?
As you know social gatherings are not recommended at this time. However, we have the possibility to do a live stream performance that your dancer can do right from home! We believe that StarStruck has an amazing community and having family and friends tune in virtually to still be able to see your dancer’s hardwork is something that we want to make a reality! Stay tuned for more information in the near future!
If you are taking a zoom class......
A New Class Environment
What will classes look like virtually?
Even though we can’t provide the same spatial experience as in-person instruction, we have created a new innovative way of teaching that includes many interactive activities, access to choreography and guided class criteria online, and effective online communication options between students and teachers. Each class ranges from 45 minutes to an hour with specific attire like in a regular studio setting.
What will class be held on?
We will be using Zoom for some classes this semester. Each class will have the same model to provide an efficient and effective class experience. Instructors will email a zoom link before each class to ensure there is no confusion in the case that previous emails with the links were deleted.
What should my environment look like?
We will be requiring dancers to have at least a 6x6 foot space with no hazards surrounding that space for taking class. We prefer a hard surface rather than carpet for safety reasons, however if the space you are using only has carpet than please notify your instructor so they can make modifications. We understand that there may be distractions, but we ask that your dancer(s) have a space that is secluded and safe for class.
Will there still be breaks throughout the class?
There will be allotted breaks included in the new virtual class model. It is recommended that dancers participating in any classes have water nearby at all times.
In order to participate in our new Zoom dance classes you must follow these instructions.
How to get Zoom:
1. Download the Zoom app from your devices app store (available on all apple and android devices).
2. Create an account.
3. Make sure the name that appears on the screen is your student’s name for attendance purposes.
4. Become familiar with the mute button (bottom left of the screen), the video on/off button (bottom left of the screen), and the chatroom (middle left of the screen).
1. Please keep your camera on at all times.
2. Avoid walking in and out of the room you are dancing in.
3. Keep your mic off unless otherwise directed by the instructor.
4. If taking a ballet class, select a barre of appropriate height (portable barre, kitchen counter, chair, table).
5. Place your device accordingly so that your teacher can see your entire body to give you feedback.
6. Position your device at eye level so your focus is appropriate when dancing (you don’t want to be looking at the floor the entire class by having your device on the floor).
7. Dress code is still required in every virtual class (a description appears if you click on the class online).
8. Treat each class on Zoom like a studio class! Be present, focused and engaged in your work. Dance with full energy and commit to your movement!
9. Please notify your teacher if you are experiencing technical difficulties through email to ensure that that time missed is made up.
Important Links and Socials
YouTube Account: StarStruck Dance Studio Yucca Valley (SUBSCRIBE TO THIS FOR CLASS VIDEOS!)
Online Portal Link:
Main Website: www.dancestarstruck.com
We look forward to dancing with you! We also accept dancers from age 3 to adult! Come and see how rewarding dance can be!
*You can earn free recital tickets with each referral!
Email us at our new site: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: dancestarstruck.com Facebook: Dance Starstruck Instagram: starstruck_dance
Get Noticed! at StarStruck Dance Studio
Online Portal Registration
Why Star Struck
Star Struck Policies
Recent Recital Pics
Photo Shoot Pics
Credit Card Form
55816 29 Palms Highway, Yucca Valley, CA. 92284
Created by Asisness Web Development